As a Rapid Vans Leasing Limited customer, you can rest assured that your personal information will be handled with care to ensure your privacy is protected. We recommend that you read this Privacy & Cookies Policy to understand why we collects data, how it is collected and used, and who we may pass this information to where necessary.
Rapid Vans Leasing Limited is a Credit Broker not a Lender, we locate your desired vehicle at the best price possible. To offer the lowest rate of finance we have number of lenders one of which we will need to introduce you to, we ask your authority to pass on your personal details to facilitate the credit application.
We’re located in South Wales, our address in Duffryn Lloff Barn Tredodridge – CF71 7UL. Our company registration number is 11256445 registered in England and Wales.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) 806801
We are also regulated by the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) for Data Protection, reference ZA074296. Our Privacy & Cookies Policy has been developed in line with The Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We conform to the FCA Rules in respect to Professional Indemnity Insurance and maintain cover in accordance with those rules.
In supplying our service, we will have to collect and process personal information about you. We must disclose that information to the funders, suppliers, brokers or insurers to obtain a quotation and afterwards if you take out a service, contract or policy.
We are a multi-channel company, meaning we want it to be easy for you to contact us in whichever way is your preference. This does mean we may collect information from you via;
- Our Website (including Cookies which will be explained later in further detail)
- On the phone (calls are recorded)
- Via email
- Using portals and chat functions powered by our technology
- Visiting us on site or meeting with us face to face
- Or otherwise interact with us (social media communication etc.)
Information is usually collected directly from you, on some occasions this may be provided by your funder or insurer for the purposes of continuing the administration of your contract.
The information collected by Rapid Vans Leasing Limited will be for the purposes of providing quotes and, where applicable, administer contracts or policies with clients. We also obtain information to ensure that the products we offer are fit for purpose. The type of information this includes for our credit brokerage/funding activities to provide a quote include;
- First and Last Names
- Address, including previous addresses if necessary
- Contact details (phone numbers, email addresses etc.)
- Employment details (for individuals) or
- Sole-trading/Limited company details (other trading styles included when this is a business application)
- Date of birth
- In addition, the following would be required for putting forward a proposal to a funder;
- Bank details
- Income and expenditure
- VAT number
- Limited company number
Other information obtained through Cookies includes;
- IP addresses of the accessing computer/device and login information (where applicable)
- Date, time and duration of your visit
- Name and URL of the accessed pages, including clickstream to, through and from the site
- Services viewed or searched for, length of visits, including times and dates
- Identification data of the browser and operating system used
- Website from which the data was accessed
- Information which is received from other sources, such as other websites or online services
- Name of your internet access provider
Further information on Cookies will be outlined below under 'Talk to me about Cookies'
Additional personal information surrounding preferences and interests may be obtained through customer surveys, special offers and social media campaigns.
We may not be able to provide you quotes without the above information being provided.
Please note that by providing Rapid Vans Leasing Limited with unsolicited sensitive personal information, we assume consent to holding this data but not processing further.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and we use your information to communicate with you for the following reasons;
- Confirmation of quotes
- Administering contracts/processing a transaction
- Sending you end of contract/renewal information
- We will use your information for internal record keeping
- We may use your information to improve our products and services or to develop new products
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, mail or social media. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will only process your information as far as is necessary to ensure we provide high and consistent levels of service. This includes only holding your information for periods of time that are proportionate. You may request that your information is withdrawn from our systems at any time. Contracts and customer information associated with contracts will be held for a period of 6 years after the end date, this is for compliance and legal purposes to aid with complaints or legal matters that may arise, and this means we may be unable to delete certain pieces of information to ensure yours and our protection.
As a consumer you have several rights under new GDPR legislation. These include;
- Right to be forgotten (requesting the deletion of information held on you where there is no purpose for the information to be held)
- Right to Rectification (inaccurate information can be corrected where inaccurate or incomplete)
- Right to Data Portability (Data can be copied, moved or transferred from one IT environment to another)
- Right of access (subject access request – we will, on request, provide you with all the information we hold about you in an easily read/used format, unless the request is excessive, repetitive or the purpose for requesting is unfounded.)
Further information on the above Rights and your full rights can be found on the Information Commissioners Office Website:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We work with Service Partners and Service Providers to ensure smooth running of contracts and our business.
Our Service Partners are most commonly insurers, funders and dealers. They will be provided with your information only when necessary to administer your deal/contract/policy etc.
Our Service Providers are most commonly; IT contractors and Security providers. Service Providers are not provided with your information but may have access to your limited information during the process of providing their service to us. We have Data Protection policies with these businesses to ensure your information is kept safe and secure always, specifically that they will neither hold nor process the information that they are in contact with.
Our Service Partners that you may be introduced to, have their own Data Protection Policies which are likely to differ from our own, to understand how they will use your data you are advised to check their policies.
Regulators/Ombudsman's/Trade Associations may also be provided with your information in rare cases. This is to ensure compliance with their laws/regulations which is in your interest. Regulators for Rapid Vans Leasing Limited include but is not limited to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) the British Vehicle Rental Leasing Association (BVRLA) and the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
Finally, we will provide your information to HMRC, DVLA and the Police if relevant documentation is supplied from them justifying their request for information. This is written into our Data Protection Policy.
Any personal information that we retain will be held in strictest confidence. The information you supply to us will be kept confidential to us and our associated and /or subsidiary companies and the funders, insurers or suppliers with whom we deal, save or unless we are required by law to make any disclosure. We have taken care to protect any information that provide to us. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In the event of a breach whereby your information may have been compromised, or whereby the security of our systems has failed, we will notify the ICO and you in a timely manner. We will also investigate to ensure steps have been taken to prevent future occurrences.
Talk to me about Cookies
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies are also utilised on social media sites such as, but not restricted to: YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and LinkedIn; newsletter sign-up and Google Analytics. Our websites use first party cookies (i.e., cookies set directly by Rapid Vans Leasing Limited) as well as third party cookies.
We endeavour to keep your personal details up-to-date in accordance with UK legislation. If your details change, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the address at the bottom of the page. Please state the need to change your personal details and please include your old and new details.
Glad you asked, our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you give inaccurate details or fraud is suspected this may be shared with fraud prevention agencies and may also be used by other organisations to make decisions about you and others in your household on credit, insurance (including claims), debt tracing, and to prevent crime.
- We have written our Terms and Conditions Policy in the hope that it is easy to understand and digest, however, it is understandable that you may have some questions, queries or comments that have not been answered already in this policy.
- If this is the case, please feel free to contact us by writing to;
- Customer Services Manager
- Customer Services
- Rapid Vans Leasing Limited
- Duffryn Lloff Barn,
- Vale of Glamorgan,
- United Kingdom
- If you have any complaints about any aspect of our Terms & Conditions or any aspect of our service, please let us know by email to email@example.com or call us on 01446 502955. For our full Complaints Procedures please click here Complaints Policy